Pear and Prosciutto Crostini
1 Sweet baguette
6 Slices Prosciutto
2/3 C. Crumbled blue cheese
1. Slice the baguette into 20 half inch slices. Lay onto a large cookie sheet. Using the broil setting on your oven, toast each side of the crostini until it is lightly brown.
2. In a large skillet, put the heat onto medium high and crisp up the six pieces of Prosciutto. Lay onto a plate lined with paper towel to drain the excess oil.
3. Slice the pear into twenty thin slices and squeeze a bit of lemon juice onto the slice to prevent browning.
4. To assemble: cover each crostini with blue cheese and bake in a 350 degree oven until melted. Let cool for a couple minutes. Place a pear slice on each one and a drizzle of honey on top of the pear. Top with a small piece of the crisp Prosciutto.
5. Arrange onto a platter and watch them disappear. Serve with your favorite bubbly or white wine.