With New Years Eve right around the corner, thought it would be great to share a wonderful appetizer with all of you. As many of you know, I have a certain love affair with appetizers. Since I enjoy so many flavors, appetizers are a wonderful way to not over-indulge, by having an array of different flavors along with abundance, especially if you are entertaining with appetizers.
- Brown Butter Nuts with Rosemary and Thyme
- Truffle and Parmesan Popcorn
- Gourgeres
- Prosciutto Wrapped Prawns with Chimichurri
- Deviled Eggs with Crab and Srirachi Aioli
- Crab Cocktails
- Burrata with Wild Mushroom Pate and Crostini
- Mini Baked Potatoes with Sour Cream, Chives and Bacon
I am featuring the Chanterelle and Shitake Mushroom Crostini which was an appetizer I made a few weeks ago for a small get together. Thought it would be great to share with all of you and perhaps it might make it onto your New Years Eve appetizer menu.
2 T. Olive Oil
2 Shallots, minced
2 C. Chanterelle Mushrooms, small dice
2 C. Shitake Mushrooms, small dice
1 T. Fresh Thyme leaves, slightly minced
Salt and Pepper, to taste
1 C. Gruyere Cheese, grated
24 Crostini (baguette sliced ½ inch thick and toasted lightly both sides)




This looks heavenly...that's saying a lot since I just got home from a completely over indulgent Italian meal and food is the last thing on my mind. What a great appetizer. My Hubby and I adore mushrooms so I'll be tucking this recipe for future use.
ReplyDeleteP.S. Your New Year's Eve menu sounds amazing! Have a great New Year!!
These look delicious. I think i'll have to make them.
ReplyDeleteMy mouth is watering. We foraged chanterelles before the Holidays and this is a perfect recipe, Lisa! Happy New Year to you!! All the best in the coming year!!
ReplyDeleteYour menu for last night sounded so good Lisa! Love these crostini;-)
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year to you!
Happy New Year, Lisa!! Love your crostini...mouthwatering. A great appetizer idea. Wish you all things good in 2012. Hope to see you soon! xo
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year! I love mushrooms....these are really a pretty appetizer......thanks.
ReplyDeleteI just simply LOVE the Mini Baked Potatoes .. Thank you for sharing :)
ReplyDeleteThese mushroom crostini look so good!
ReplyDelete