The day millions of royal fans across the globe have been waiting for finally arrived. The Royal Wedding of course and it certainly did not disappoint. Tradition, elegance and love were definitely in the air last Saturday. Like many, I was glued to the television to watch the spectacular historical moments. From the array of distinctive fascinators to the abundance of flowers embellishing all corners of the St. George's Chapel to that phenomenal yellow dress worn by Amal Clooney - I knew I was in for hours of witnessing a traditional yet modern mark on history. Some would say a pre-emptive positive turn to the future and what we can expect.
To celebrate the royal festive occasion, I created a modern yet traditional high tea with a signature cocktail called - "Markle Sparkle". Hubby and I enjoyed Orange Scones with Raspberry Jam and Lemon Curd, Deviled Eggs and Tea Sandwiches (Chicken Salad and Cucumber). The wedding was iconic, memorable and inspirational all at the same time. Some of the significant moments for me were:
- The Dress designed by Clare Waight Keller was magnificent. It was contemporary yet classic. The neckline was sublime and no doubt will be a trend setting style in the coming weeks and months. Personally I love the simple and classic lines and lack of frills.
- The choir singing "Stand By Me" simply produced goosebumps for me. Extremely moving and full of meaning.
- Bishop Michael Curry's sermon was invigorating. I loved seeing the expressions (an lack of on some) from the guests. Each word was carefully chosen and had profound meaning. "Ultimately there's power in love. Don't underestimate it. Ultimately the source of love is God himself, the source of all of our lives. There's an old medieval poem that say's, where true love is found, God himself is there."
- Meghan riding from Cliveden House to Windsor Castle was a touching moment. I can only imagine the indelible surreal moments created between mother and daughter in the vintage Rolls-Royce Phantom IV.
- The hand holding between Harry and Meghan during the ceremony along with the gentle yet intense eye contact they had. You know there is true love between them.
About a month ago, I worked with my sister-in-law on a fund raiser for my nephew's school. It is called "Tabletop" and the idea is to select a particular theme and decorate your table. As you can guess by now, our theme was "Markle Sparkle". My sister-in-law asked if I wanted to partner with her in 2017 for the 2018 tabletop - of course I said yes and I have a theme for us - "Markle Sparkle. We went all out to create a bridal shower of sorts for Meghan. Check out a few photos below of the day. Fun was had by all with the "Meghan and Harry" selfie station.
MARKLE SPARKLE COCKTAIL
St. Germaine Elderflower Liqueur
Fresh Thyme Sprigs
3 Cups Blackberries
1/4 Cup Sugar
1 Cup Water
Add all of the ingredients to a medium sauce pan. Heat on high until bubbly. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Let cool. Add to a blender and pulse until smooth. If too thick, add a touch of water.
In a champaign flute, add 3/4 ounce of elderflower liqueur then slowly add the prosecco until there is about an inch and half left of glass. Stir gently. Let bubbles relax. Next add about a tablespoon of blackberry syrup and stir gently. Garnish with 2 blackberries on a decorative toothpick and add fresh thyme sprig. Enjoy!!